Header Description

header ads

I didn't want 'Dev D' to go 'No Smoking' way: Anurag Kashyap

New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) On a high after the success of 'Dev D', director Anurag Kashyap admitted that he was nervous before the release of the movie as his last film 'No Smoking' was panned by critics and audience alike.

'Everyone had so many expectations from 'No Smoking' but after watching the movie people thought that I had completely lost it. 'Muje unko movie samjhani padi' (I had to make them understand the movie). So, I was very nervous because I didn't want the same thing to happen to 'Dev D',' Anurag Kashyap told IANS in an event here Friday.

'This time the movie was easily understood by the audience because of the treatment and also because most of them could relate to it, one-way or the other,' he added.

Kashyap, 36, known for making hard-hitting and dark movies like 'Black Friday', revealed that 'Dev D' was his attempt to make a soft movie but he failed in that too.

'I guess it is in my genes to make such hard-hitting movies. I just can't help it. Even if I try to make a light movie, it will still have some dark shades,' Kashyap maintained.

'Look at 'Dev D', it is a romantic movie but with the dark realities of life,' he said.

Continue Reading

Post a Comment

0 Comments